People have reported these benefits of essiac tea.
What are some of the reported benefits of essiac tea?
1. Prevents the buildup of excess fatty deposits in artery walls, heart, kidney and liver.
2. Regulates cholesterol levels by transforming sugar and fat into energy.
3. Destroys parasites in the digestive system and throughout the body.
4. Helps counteract the effects of aluminum, lead and mercury poisoning.
5. Strengthens and tightens muscles, organs and tissues.
6. Makes bones, joints, ligaments, lungs, and membranes strong and flexible, consequently less vulnerable to stress or stress injuries.
7. Nourishes and stimulates the brain and nervous system.
8. Promotes the absorption of fluids in the tissues.
9. Removes toxic accumulations in the fat, lymph, bone marrow, bladder, and alimentary canals.
10. Neutralizes acids, absorbs toxins in the bowel, and eliminates both.
More reported benefits of essiac tea:
11. Clears the respiratory channels by dissolving and expelling mucus.
12. Relieves the liver of its burden of detoxification by converting fatty toxins into water-soluble substances that can then be easily eliminated through the kidneys.
13. Assists the liver to produce lecithin, which forms part of the myelin sheath, a white fatty material that encloses nerve fibers.
14. Reduces, perhaps eliminates, heavy metal deposits in tissues (especially those surrounding the joints) to reduce inflammation and stiffness.
15. Improves the functions of the pancreas and spleen by increasing the effectiveness of insulin.
16. Purifies the blood.
17. Increases red cell production, and keeps the cells from rupturing.
18. Increases the body's ability to utilize oxygen by raising the oxygen level in the tissue cells.
19. Maintains the balance between potassium and sodium within the body so that the fluid inside and outside each cell is regulated: in this way, cells are nourished with nutrients and are also cleansed.
20. Converts calcium and potassium oxalates into a harmless form by making them solvent in the urine. Regulates the amount of oxalic acid delivered to the kidneys, reducing the risk of stone formation in the gall bladder, kidneys, and/or urinary tract.
And there are even more benefits of essiac tea, according to The Essiac Handbook:
21. Protects against toxins entering the brain.
22. Protects the body against radiation and X-rays.
23. Relieves pain, increases the appetite, and provides more energy along with a sense of well-being.
24. Speeds up wound healing by helping to regenerate the damaged area.
25. Increases the production of antibodies like lymphocytes and T-cells in the thymus gland, which is the defender of our immune system.
26. Inhibits (and possibly destroys) benign growths and tumors.
27. Protects the cells against free radicals.
28. Decreases sugar cravings due to better blood sugar control.
This list of reported health benefits of essiac tea is based on a list from "The Essiac Handbook: Canada's Amazing Ojibway Herbal Remedy That Has Cured Thousands of Cancer, Chronic Fatigue. Lupus, AIDS, and Other Illnesses" by James Percival, copyright 1994, reprinted 2001.
Essiac is also thought to be beneficial to those suffering from cancer wasting, or